Monday, January 12, 2015

Beachy Nails

I know it's winter and all, but I happened to wear this beachy mani a few months ago and never got around to posting about it.  It's one of my favorite manis that I've ever done, so I really wanted to show it off.  I was originally planning to wear this with an accent or two of BEGL Siren Seashore, but I loved the way it came out so much that I just couldn't spoil it with glitter.  So, without further ado, let's take a look!




To create this look, I used Lilypad Lacquer Lunar Lights with accents of Nailant Havfrue.  Lunar Lights was in the September What's Indie Box, and I was in love the minute I saw it.  Havfrue came from a indie polish maker swap that Stinna, aka Nailant and I participated in during the fall.  I'm so lucky that she likes me and gives me her goodies because I just love every single Nailant polish I own!



Havfrue is a gorgeous medium blue holographic with gold and green micro flakies.  I used three coats, which applied super easily without any need for cleanup.  I only needed one coat of topcoat to make it glossy.  Removal was normal but without the staining you often see with blues.


Lunar Lights is an off-white linear holographic with a significant amount of gold flakies.  White holos are pretty much impossible to make, so this one has a slight bit of greying to it like most others.  The holo is linear, but it's pretty faint - most likely due to the fact that Nicole wanted to make sure the polish kept its color.  It's a tad thick because it's got a lot of flakies in it, but it didn't really make application difficult.  I used three thin coats and one coat of topcoat on all of my nails except the index finger.  On my middle and ring fingers, I sponged on a gradient using both Havfrue and Lunar Lights.


You can follow Nailant at her blog here.  She sometimes participates in giveaways with some of her hand-made polishes as prizes, so make sure you keep an eye out for her stuff!  They're so worth it!  You can follow Lilypad Lacquers for news and updates here.

4 comments: