Monday, September 1, 2014

Lucky 13: Doctor Who!

So, technically, I wore this mani a while ago, but I figured I'd bring it back out again since we're back in the full swing of Doctor Who again!  So far, I'm really digging the new Doctor.  He's pretty different, so I'm definitely going to have to get used to his pacing.  However, I'm really really happy with the season thus far.  What do you guys think?  So, let's get to tonight's offering, which is a lovely duo from Lucky 13 Lacquer, Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey and You Sexy Thing.  Since the name of the game recently has been getting through really old swatch photos where I stupidly didn't write down my impressions, who am I to stray from that theme!  So, check out some photos with a little bit of commentary!

Purchased myself.



First, let's talk a little bit about You Sexy Thing!




YST is a lovely blue shimmer that only takes two coats for full opacity!  Application was super smooth and didn't pool up or flood my skin.  It required very little cleanup, too, which is aces in my book.  Dry time was quick but I wore it with a coat of KBShimmer's Clearly on Top.


Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey is probably the best quote from all of Doctor Who - hands down - and it's probably my favorite polish from this collection.




WWTW is a blue jelly based polish packed with sky blue hexes, squares, stars, and moons.  While this jelly would build in about three coats, I decided to wear it in one coat over YST.  I really liked the look of this combo, but it is lacking the depth that you'd get if you wore it alone.  It was pretty smooth even without the need for an extra layer of topcoat.  Dry time was average.



You can purchase Lucky 13 polishes at her store here.  Follow her on Facebook and Twitter.  So, what do you think?  Who is your favorite doctor (I'm a 10 girl here)?  Are you digging Capaldi so far?


4 comments:

  1. I love Lucky 13 Lacquer and these are two of my favorites from her! I never tried layering the two together, I'm going to need to though. I'm a 10 girl too! But I haven't watched any of this season yet because I couldn't watch the previous season and it's making me so sad D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have WWTW and now I'm wishing I had the pair to use it as you show here. *sigh* Must collect all the DW polishes in the world...

    ReplyDelete