Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pretty Little Liars: OPI Intl Date Line

Tonight's #RedCoatTuesday features a polish that I've had for years.  I can't remember when I got it, but it was either high school or early college, and I'm older than a lot of other bloggers, so that was a while ago.  So, first, let's check out the rules for Red Coat Tuesday!




The rules are easy!
  • Paint your nails red, do your lips red, do a shadow design in red, or do anything beauty related that is mostly red.
  • Add your blog and photo to the inlinkz!  If you don't have a blog but do have an IG, you can check this link for directions on how to use your IG for inlinkz.  If you don't have a blog or IG, you can just add your photo to the linkup or send it to Color Me So Crazy, and she will get them up for you!
  • Use the #RedCoatTuesday tag when you share your photos on IG, Twitter, or Facebook!

I purchased this polish myself.


Color:  deep burgundy red
Finish:  Crème – a flat polish that finishes smooth with full opacity.
Bottle / Brush:  OPI black label – a thinner brush used on the old OPI formula.  The wand for the brush is the standard OPI length.  This brush gives better control than the newer wide brushes.


Opacity:  High – opaque at two coats!
Glitter Application:  N/A


Consistency:  Medium – applies easily and doesn’t flood the cuticles.
Overall Ease of Application:  Easy – applies well without pooling, dragging, streaking, or balding.  Spreads evenly and smoothly.


Stampability:  Not tested for stamping.
Dry Time:  Medium – dry to the touch with minimal smudging in 3-8 minutes. 


Overall Thoughts:  While it's been a long time since I've worn this polish or took these photos, I do know that this polish is one that applies so easily and lasts for quite some time.  My body chemistry really likes OPI black label polishes, so Intl Date Line tended to last on me for up to 4 days or longer without much wear.  It's always refreshing to wear a creme by itself without anything else to mar the fresh and even finish.  While there's nothing uber remarkable about Intl Date Line, it's still a fairly nice polish if you like darker reds.  For me, while the application was nice, I just didn't love the color.  It was too ruddy for me, so I sold it.  Now, I'm sad that I did simply because of the nostalgia factor, but nostalgia is no reason to hold onto things you don't use anymore!  Especially when others would enjoy it more!

This is an older polish that's pretty hard to find, but you can occasionally find it on blog sales or on dusty hunts.  Otherwise, you can purchase OPI products at beauty supply stores, like Ulta or Sally's, or Salons.

I purchased this polish myself.

(Source)





1 comment: