Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Oldie but Goodie: Color Club Glittering Wonderland

Man, the past few weeks have been insane!  Lots of stuff going on at the Blue-Eyed Girl household - cleaning the house, organizing, packaging sales, and setting up new items for my blog sale.  I've got a bunch of new items up on my blog sale, so you should definitely check them out before they're all snatched up!  I've got Lumina's, Emily de Molly's, and Nerd Lacquers as well as a ton of mainstreams and other indies.  Tonight's post is an oldie but goodie, so this is with my old lighting setup.  Let's take a look at Color Club Glittering Wonderland from the Color Club Winter Affair collection from 2012.

*I was not financially compensated for this post.  All items in this review were purchased by me for my own use.  The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.  For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy in the tab above.*


Color:  Deep purple with purple and blue shimmers.
Finish:  Shimmer – a polish that shimmers in the light due to fine particles that refract light.


Bottle / Brush:  Color Club – square bottle is not too hard to hold.  The wand length and brush are average.  Easy application.


Opacity:  Medium – achieves opacity at three to four coats.
Glitter Application:  N/A


Consistency:  Thick – thick or it can be clumpy, but is easily remedied with some polish thinner.


Overall Ease of Application:  Hard – applies with some pooling, dragging, streaking, or balding.  Spreads well with manipulation.  Requires quick work to get a smooth result.


Stampability:  Not tested for stamping.
Dry Time:  Medium – dry to the touch with minimal smudging in 3-8 minutes.


Overall Thoughts:  This was a lovely polish, but it was also scented...  While I don't normally mind certain scented polishes (see the lovely scented polishes by Model City Polish), I wasn't overly fond of the Color Club Winter Affair scents.  They were too artificial and processed for my liking.  Plus, they were wicked strong well after the initial application.  Application was a bit more difficult because there was some flooding of the cuticles.  It was a bit hard to apply evenly as well, and cleanup wasn't the best.   But just look at it...  All of the issues I had with application and the scent were made up for by the gorgeous color and stunning shimmer.  I just love a good shimmer!  

Unfortunately, these polishes have been discontinued, but you may be able to find them still lingering about at some Sally's Beauty Supply stores or on blog sales.

*I was not financially compensated for this post.  All items in this review were purchased by me for my own use.  The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.  For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy in the tab above.*

No comments:

Post a Comment