Thursday, March 27, 2014

Golden Oldies Thursday: Yellow/Peach

Well, since I'm not really a peach or yellow person, I don't own that many that are over a year old...  As such, I chose two of pretty much the only polishes I had on hand that would fit the requirements even if they weren't exactly what I wanted to wear for the day.  So, check out Color Club Almost Famous and Lynnderella LE Huevos Ladies.

Here is the GOT Polish schedule of events if you would like to follow along or participate.



Remember the rules:

  • The polish you use must be at least a year old.
  • If you haven't been a polishaholic for that long, you can use the oldest polishes you have.
  • The polish should be previously used, but if you're stuck, you can use a polish from your untrieds stack.
  • You can use more than one polish as long as it fits the rules.
I purchased all polishes in this post.



I have on three coats of Almost Famous, which went on streaky with the first coat.  The second coat wasn't much better, unfortunately.  The third coat made it passable, but it still had some bald spots.


Almost Famous also didn't self level, which was a major pain because it tended to clump up if applied too quickly.  It's definitely one of those make sure you have enough polish on the brush to quickly apply before it starts to clump, but also make sure that you wait long enough between layers so it doesn't bald.


Dry time for Almost Famous was long even with a quick dry topcoat.  It also flooded my cuticles something fierce, which meant that I had to do a lot of cleanup.  Furthermore, it stained the skin around my nails yellow.  So yeah, it's not exactly a ringing endorsement, huh?


I used Huevos Ladies as my accents.  This is two coats, no undies, and with one coat of Peita's Polish Glitter Glaze and one coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Application was super easy, and the glitters came out without much digging.  I could've used undies, but I decided to go without just because.  I like the way it came out, and I really feel that these accents saved this mani.  Dry time was super quick and there wasn't any cleanup!


You can purchase Color Clubs at Drug Stores and some beauty supply stores.  You can purchase Lynnderellas here.

I purchased all polishes in this post.

1 comment:

  1. the glitter is unique, it kind of looks like daises!
    Galorious
    x

    ReplyDelete