Friday, January 24, 2014

Golden Oldie Thursday (oops): Blue & Comparison Friday Blue Holo Glitters

Hello hello hello!  This week has been crazy insane!  Massive deadline today, which cut into my time pretty heavily.  Plus, I just refurnished my polish area!!!  It's not completely done yet, so I'll wait for a bit to show you guys a picture, but I am so beyond super excited with what it's going to look like when it's all said and done!  Ok, so since I'm behind, and I don't want to give up on a nail challenge for once, I'm posting my Golden Oldie Thursday tonight!  And since I have also moved Comparison Thursdays to Fridays for a little while, I've decided to add a comparison at the bottom of this post.  As such, I won't be doing a full review of my GOT Polish mani.  Ok, let's get started!

**All polishes purchased by me**

Golden Oldies Thursday



This week's challenge is just blue.  That's it.  Blue.  So simple, which is what I really like about this challenge.  I don't have to be super artistic to participate!  I chose to do a mani with OPI What's with the Cattitude topped with Lynnderella Deep Blue Seeing and accents of OPI The Flowers are Blue-ming!




All three applied evenly with three coats on WWTC and Blue-ming and one coat of DBS.  Dry time on the two base colors, though, was HORRENDOUS.  I mean, seriously.  I had to redo four different fingers at least THREE, yes, you read that right - THREE times...  That was not fun at 1:00 in the morning...





All nails needed an extra coat of topcoat, so this is shown with two coats of KBShimmer's Clearly on Top.  Having a quick dry topcoat definitely helped with the dry time, but waiting for the layers to dry before adding the next was torturous.  It really put a damper on how pretty this mani was for me.




Flowers and WWTC have both been discontinued, so you'll need to look at old salons, blog sales, or eBay to find them.  You can purchase Lynnderella Deep Blue Seeing at her online store.

Comparison Friday: Blue Holo Glitters



This is going to be a suuuuuper quick comparison where the pictures will do most of the talking.  Let's take a look at a few of my blue polishes with holo micro glitters.



Darwin




LynBDesigns Darwin is a navy based polish with small silver holo glitters.  This one is the outlier of the group since it is much darker and the glitter particles are larger in this than in the others.  Application was easy, and this is three coats with one coat of Peita's Polish Glitter Glaze.  You can purchase LynBDesigns polishes at her Etsy store.

Cosmos




Picture Polish Cosmos is one of my all time favorite polishes ever.  Ever ever.  It's pretty much a one coater, but I used two here for the photos with one coat of Peita's Polish Glitter Glaze.  I needed to do absolutely no cleanup, which is a giant win in my book.  The base is darker but not as dark as Darwin.  The holo particles are more like irregularly shaped / flakies rather than micro glitters, which gives it beautiful depth.  I purchased my Picture Polish at Llarowe.



Got Your Number





OPI Got Your Number is a part of their Liquid Sand line, which means it's a textured polish!  I really like OPI textures because they have a really pretty sparkle and shimmer to them, and GYN is no exception.  Unlike most of their textured polishes, though, there are larger silver holo glitters.  The base color is the same as Blue-ming, but clearly it's not a dupe because it is textured.  Most of the photos show GYN in its natural textured state without a topcoat.  However, I do have a macro and a comparison swatch below of GYN with a coat of Peita's Glitter Glaze.  I purchased my set of mini Mariah Carey Liquid Sands at Ulta.



The Flowers are Blue-ming!




OPI's The Flowers are Blue-ming! is a royal blue based polish with tiny holo glitters.  Application was easy, but as I mentioned above, dry time was crazy long.  This is three coats with two coats of KBShimmer's Clearly on Top.  Since this is a pretty packed glitter, removal was a massive pain.  Unfortunately, I don't have the exact dupe from the Nicole by OPI line to compare, but it is apparently exactly the same.  Blue-ming was an Ulta exclusive in 2012, but you can still find it around blog sales. 

Absolutely Alice




While this polish looks like it has a similar base color, it is actually a clear based polish packed with blue and gold micro glitters.  They aren't really holo, but I wanted to show you guys how it compared against Blue-ming anway since the base color looks the same.  Dry time was quick, but removal was difficult.  This is three coats with one coat of Peita's Polish Glitter Glaze, but it could definitely be worn with just two.  This polish came out a few years ago, so I was only able to find AA at a salon while dusty hunting.

So, as you can see, I don't really have any exact duplicates in today's comparison.  They're all very pretty blue glitters, though, so I'm definitely cool keeping all of them!  These are a bit too light to compare to Essie's Starry Starry Night, which is why I don't have it in this comparison.  However, I do have a bunch of alleged dupes for SSN, so I'll show you those soon.

**All polishes purchased by me**

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of the near same colour but all looking great :)

    ReplyDelete