Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year's Eve!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season!  Have you done anything fun or exciting?  Me?  I've done a lot of work...  And I'm still not caught up.  My husband is always telling me that I need to find something to cut back on because I'm driving myself too hard, but I don't even know what I would cut!  Wait...  Let's be honest...  It'd totally be my day job if that were possible, but, alas, I do have bills to pay...


Aaaaaaaaaanyway, I wanted to talk a little about New Year's, my mani, and my resolutions, hopes, and outlooks for the new year.  I'm not one to really do resolutions, but there are a few things that I know I really need to work on this coming year.  That being said, here is my list of resolutions for the coming year:

  • Have a more positive outlook.  Stop living in the past and regret and start living in the now!  Keep a positive outlook and more positive things will follow!
  • Better manage my time so that I have enough time for all of my jobs as well as time for my family and friends and time for me.
  • Work harder on getting my brand name out to the public so that maybe, just maybe, I can actually quit my day job and pick up something less stressful on the side of my polish business.
  • Get back on track with a blog post every day and have more sustained interaction with readers.
  • Actually sit down and write again.
  • Work on being a healthier me - physically, emotionally, and mentally!
What about you?  If you do resolutions, what are they going to be for this year?  Do you usually accomplish your resolutions?  I'm about 50/50 on mine when I actually make them, but I usually feel that if I have a goal, why wait until the new year to start it?  

Ok, let's take a look at my New Year's Eve mani!  Tonight, I'm going to be wearing two new shades from my Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer collection - 2014 and Resolutions.  Let's take a look!  Be prepared for picture spam, and as always, click on the photos to see them in more detail.

2014
2014 is an electric periwinkle with an icy blue to vivid purple shift with a sprinkling of blue to green iridescent glitters.  Please note: my photos show this polish pulling more purple than blue, but it is actually more blue in person.  The purple shift is showing up more strongly in the photos than the blue, but they are fairly even in person.




It's got an average thickness that needs between two and three coats for full coverage.  Here, I've worn it with three coats and a coat of Gelous on top for shine.  Dry time was a bit on the longer side, but I attribute that to not using a quick dry topcoat for these photos.  These photos are in artificial daylight.






Below are photos from the romantical glow of my refrigerator light so you can see the shift a little better.





Resolutions
Resolutions is a glitter topper that is made up predominantly of black hexes and tiny stars in a heavily blue shimmered base.  Other glitters in the mix include neon blue and neon pink hexes in varying sizes, sugar plum hexes in varying sizes white squares and rectangles, neon green diamonds, and banana yellow and watermelon dots.




It's a bit sparse in one coat, so make sure to add an extra coat for fuller coverage.  Otherwise, you'll get much less glitter on the nail than normal glitter bomb toppers.  I designed this polish this way so that it wouldn't be overly thick and clumpy.  Here, I've shown one dabbed and one swiped on coat over 2014 topped with only one coat of KBShimmer's Clearly on Top.  






Most of the photos have been taken in artificial lighting, but here are some crummy photos taken with my phone (sorry for the terrible quality), in both low light and in overcast sunlight.



So, there you have it!  What do you think?  Is it festive enough?  I think it looks like a party on your nails, personally, but I may be a bit biased.  You can win these two polishes in my Happy New Year Giveaway here or in the New Year's Resolutions Giveaway here and here (yes, there are two threads, so enter your resolutions on both for more chances to win)!  Otherwise, they will be up on my store tomorrow, 1/1, at 3 pm est!

I hope you all have a very happy and safe New Year's Eve!

3 comments: