Monday, October 21, 2013

Guest Post: Lit from Within and Pretty Stripes!

Hello, Fireflies! Oh, wait.  That's my blog.  I'm Nidia, and I'm guest posting, B#$ches! I picked up a couple polishes from this new-to-me Indie, Liquidus.  This is Arsenic, a grey creme with a *very* subtle gold shimmer.  As in, I can't see it on the nail at all.  Very thick formula, could be a one-coater if you were careful.  The ding on my middle finger is actually from my attempt at a teabag patch.  Yeah, it was bad.

Liquidus Arsenic, a grey creme with a *very* subtle gold shimmer

The nail art I did was inspired by this Pinterest pin by Kelsie's Nail Files.  I couldn't find the original blog post - the pin takes you to a collection someone else did of her manis.  I hope someone with better Google-fu than I have can point me to her original post. The first set of stripes I did with a nail art brush and Liquidus Blue Diamond Turquoise.  I love these deep, rich, blue jellies.  I love the depth and shine they have!

The first set of stripes I did with a nail art brush and Liquidus Blue Diamond Turquoise

SpaRitual Ripple Effect is a dusty lilac with enough grey tone to go with Arsenic.  I love these colors together.  I touched up a little bit with Arsenic, too, which is why it's looking a bit of a hot mess.

SpaRitual Ripple Effect is a dusty lilac with enough grey tone to go with Arsenic.

Manis like this *need* topcoat to smooth out all the different textures and make it glossy.

Manis like this *need* topcoat

I can't help but be bummed that I couldn't get that gold shimmer to show up.  I like the combination of colors, though!

I can't help but be bummed that I couldn't get that gold shimmer to show up

Thanks, Julie, for the opportunity to guest post!  If you like this mani, and want to see more from me, please like my Facebook page for blog updates, and/or follow me on my blog.

_________________________________________________________________________________

I always adore Nidia's nail art.  It always looks great, and her instructions are perfect for even the most novice of nail artists (like myself!).  Don't forget to go check her out over at Lit from Within!  Thanks for sharing, Nidia!

3 comments:

  1. Found the original blogpost from Kelsie's Nail Files for you! It's http://www.kelsiesnailfiles.com/2012/05/day-12-stripes.html :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesomesauce! It was driving me crazy. Thank you so much! *off to change my pin*

      Delete
    2. Hah! :D Either way, it's GORGEOUS. You always find these creative ways to do nail art. I really need to expand my horizons...

      Delete