Saturday, June 8, 2013

ECOPOLO Summer Mani Challenge

Better late than never, I say!  Tonight's special post is for a challenge I have accepted through one of my polish groups.  Here is the list of the weekly challenges:



I'm really no good at nail art, but I thought I'd think outside of the box for this one.  I could've done something that was well within my comfort level, like a yellow mani with polka dots, but I had this ridiculous idea immediately pop into my mind.  And because I don't usually want to do nail art, I thought I had to give it a shot, at least!  So, tonight's attempt at nail art is a beach scene at sunset with an abandoned yellow polka dot bikini.  I've also included a palm tree and an umbrella.  Sorry if it's hard to tell what I attempted, but I thought I'd post it anyway despite it not being the best job.  Also, note that I'm showing you my right hand.  For some reason, it came out better than my left hand, which is weird because I'm a righty.



I used a ridiculous amount of polishes to create this look: OPI WWTC, Czechbook, Jinx, The Spy Who Loved Me, You Don't Know Jacques, Opening Night Gold; Girly Bits Arctic Sunrise, Glo Worm, Banana Hammock, and Jelly Shoes; Revlon Powder Puff; Barry M Indigo, Max Factor Fantasy Fire; Zoya Yana; and Color Club Almost Famous.



First, I striped on Czechbook, Opening Night Gold, and Arctic Sunrise.  I let it dry for a minute, then, I sponged on Banana Hammock, Jinx, The Spy Who Loved Me, Jelly Shoes, Indigo, and Fantasy Fire to create a sunset look.  Next, I painted on the sun, bikini, trees, and umbrella.



Then, I finished up with sponging on WWTC and Powder Puff onto Czechbook and Opening Night Gold to create a wave crashing on the ocean look.  Lastly, I added KBShimmer's Clearly on Top, which smeared the details just a tad, but not horribly.  Here are macros of each finger.  You'll need to click on it to enlarge if you want to see the details a little better.



There you have it!  My take on the Yellow Polka Dot Bikini!




So, was this a nail fail, or do you like it?

*I was not financially compensated for this post.  All items in this review were purchased by me for my own use.  The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.  For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy in the tab above.*

2 comments: