Monday, March 25, 2013

Holiday Week: Valentine's Day v.2

So yeah, I know that Holiday week was last week and that I should've posted this yesterday as promised, but I wasn't feeling well and hubs was using the laptop to do our taxes.  From the outside, it would appear that I'm the sickest person in the world, huh?  I promise, it's all related to one issue, sinus disease, that will be remedied later this year.  Until then, though, I'm dealing with a chronic sinus infection causing me to run low grade fevers from 99.7-100.4.  At least I'm able to work from home right now, so that's good.  I'd hate to annoy everyone in my office with my sniffling and coughing.  It's kind of obnoxious right now!  Anyway, let's take a look at my epic Valentine's Day mani.  

I started out with a base of Color Club Halo Hue Miss Bliss, which is an ultra-holo barbie pink.  Unfortunately, I apparently didn't take any pictures of it.  Womp womp!  After my undies, I did a skittles using the following polishes:


Lynnderella Don't Drink this Pink, Glitzology Cupid's Arrow, Lynnderella Matter of the Heart, Rainbow Honey XOXO, and Lynnderella Angel Food.

Here are closeups of the bottles as well as macro shots of each polish.  I am in lust with pretty much every one of these polishes.

Miss Bliss


Don't Drink this Pink



Cupid's Arrow



Matter of the Heart



XOXO



XOXO blurry to see holo glitters


Angel Food



All of these polishes are so dense that you can't really see my holo undies at all.  


Don't Drink this Pink and Cupid's Arrow were both packed with so much glitter that they required the dab method.  The glitter to base ratio was heavily balanced toward glitter than base.  XOXO, Matter of the Heart, and Angel Food, however, were perfectly easy to apply.  You couldn't see the holo undies under the creme polishes for obvious reasons.  The only one that gives you a peak of holo goodness from the whole mani is XOXO.  

Here's another shot of them all together.


You can purchase Lynnderella here, Glitzology here, Rainbow Honey here, and the Color Club Halo Hues on eBay or Amazon.

Which of the six here is your favorite?

*I was not financially compensated for this post.  All items in this review were purchased by me for my own use.  The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.  For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy in the tab above.*

1 comment: