Thursday, March 14, 2013

Comparison Thursday: Pink Glitter Toppers

Today's Comparison Thursday post is all about pink glitter toppers!  Tonight, we're going to take a look at a discontinued OPI black label and a Butter London that's still available: OPI I Love the Holidays Topcoat and Butter London Rosie Lee.  My middle name is Lee, true story!  That was random...  It's been a long month, so you're going to be seeing some randomness and gibberish for the next few weeks.  Both polishes contain fine light pink glitters in a clear base.  I've swatched them over white and OPI My Very First Knockwurst, which is a pale neutral pink creme.



Here they are side by side.



I Love the Holidays Topcoat



ILtH was a polish that came out as a part of the OPI Victorian Holiday Collection in 2002.  I actually purchased this new as well as a set of minis for my mom.  I haven't seen it while out dustying, either, so it may be pretty hard to find.  Application was amazing.  Even after 10 years, it didn't even need thinner, just a good shake to get it going again.  The glitters spread evenly and with great coverage.  In my opinion, it was the superior polish out of these two.

Rosie Lee



Rosie Lee has larger, clunkier pink glitters than ILtH with a much thicker base.  It was my first BL, and, to be honest, I wasn't impressed.  I received it in a swap, so I'm glad I didn't spend money on it.  I have another BL glitter that I haven't tried yet, but I'm not really sure if I'm looking forward to it.  Application was difficult.  The base is thick and clumpy, and the glitters were still rough after a generous topcoat.  

I like the smaller glitters in ILtH much better.  They twinkle subtly over other polishes, versus being in your face like RL.  Plus, application was easier with the OPI than the BL.  In the end, though, I decided neither of these were really for me and sold them both.  I do have a little bit of sellers remorse for getting rid of ILtH now, but I have so many other polishes I haven't even worn yet, so I'm glad it went to a good home.

Which is your favorite?

1 comment:

  1. Butter London Rosie Lee is gorgeous. Thanks for the comparisons!

    ReplyDelete