Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Depression Awareness Part 3: Dollish Polish and Northern Star

Let's chat about depression medications.  There are different types of meds for different types of people with different types of symptoms and different types of disorders.  If your doctor places you on medicine that you don't feel is working for you, tell him or her why you think it doesn't work.  It's important that you communicate with your doctors or therapists so that you can get back on track to healing.  Not everyone will need medication, either, so don't worry if you aren't prescribed something.  Also, many people can stop taking medications once their depression symptoms subside, so you may not have to be medicated for long periods of time!  **Note, however, that you should never stop meds cold turkey and without medical supervision!** It all depends on what your symptoms are and how long it takes the chemicals in your brain to regulate themselves.  I know that many people find meditation and exercise crucial in helping their body wean off of medication.  It can't hurt to try!  I know that I am in love with my personal training twice a week.  It makes me feel better both mentally and physically, so I try to make it a priority in my life.

Anyway, tonight, my green mani is made up of Dollish Master Chief, Northern Star Undersea Garden, and Dollish Hero of Time.


Here are the bottle shots.

Master Chief

Undersea Garden

Hero of Time


Master Chief is a green duochrome linear holographic polish.  That's a mouthful!  This is three coats simply because I was putting it over my french SOGs.  Although, I'm pretty sure you can use just two coats and be fine.  The gold and red flashes are just gorgeous.  The holo isn't as strong as the duo, though.  It's still very pretty, and I'm glad I snagged one before they were discontinued.



Here is Master Chief with Hero of Time and Undersea Garden toppers.


Hero of Time has brown, grass green, and light green hexes and squares.  There are apparently larger light green hexes, but they were shy and wouldn't come out.


Undersea Garden has brown, copper, green, and gold hexes with brown bar glitters.  They all came out beautifully!  Above you can see that I applied it a bit thicker on my pointer finger than on my ring finger.  


Both polishes applied very well without pooling or bubbling.  I topped it all off with Hong Kong Girl quick dry top coat, which I just received in a swap.  I'm constantly on the lookout for new quick dry top coats, so any recommendations are welcome.  I love Seche Vite, but I seriously hate the shrinking.  I've tried and vetoed the following top coats: Out the Door, Poshe, Seche Ultra V, NailTek Quick Dry Top Coat, and Sally Hansen Diamond Strength.  So far, I'm really digging the Hong Kong Girl.  We'll see how it holds up over a mani not applied over SOGs.  I'll definitely keep you guys posted.

You can purchase Dollish Polish at her storeLlarowe, and Overall Beauty.   You can follow her on Facebook for news and updates.  You can purchase Northern Star Polish here and can follow Kristin on Facebook and her blog for news and updates!  Send Kristin some love!  Her polishes are GORGEOUS, so you need them in your life stat!

What's your favorite fast dry top coat?

3 comments:

  1. I've only tried 3 so far: CG's Fast Forward, Out The Door, and Posche. I like all three of them but I think my fave is Out The Door. I'd love to try Seche and HK Girl one of these days.

    I love the mani, even though I'm not a big fan of lighter greens. Since I got out of Army basic training, I tend not to wear camo or anything that reminds me of it. lol

    ReplyDelete