Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Oldie but Goodie: purple goodness

Today will be a quick one with another oldie but goodie.  Check out base color Pahlish Slow Fade of Love with Rainbow Honey Worst Possible Thing as the topper.




Slow Fade of Love is a deep purple based polish with holo glitters.  Like all Pahlish polishes, it applied fantastically.  I did this so long ago, though, that I can't remember how many layers I used.  It was at least 2, maybe 3?  I don't remember.  I do remember, though, that I seriously loved this polish.  I applied Rainbow Honey Worst Possible Thing on top because I thought the purples would compliment each other well.  The Worst Possible Thing has blue, purple, and iridescent smaller glitters with larger purple hexes in a clear base. Like all RH polishes I've used to date, this guy was extremely thick, so it definitely needed some thinner to apply smoothly.


This mani was a few days old, so I do have some tip wear.


Here's a blurry pic so you can see the holographic and iridescent glitters.




Lastly, here's a closeup shot of the mani so you can see the layering a little bit better.




You can buy Pahlish at her Etsy store and Llarowe.  Follow Shannon on Facebook here.  You can purchase Rainbow Honey at their site, which also includes a blog for news and updates.  Follow Dee and her RH crew on Facebook, too!

Do you have any Pahlish or Rainbow Honey polishes?  Which is your favorite?

6 comments:

  1. I love that macro shot! That is a TON of glitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! I have so many untrieds, but I kinda want to go back to this one soon. It was such a great combo!

      Delete
  2. This is an absolutely gorgeous combo!!! So much glitter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was surprised at how well they came together. :) I feel like I'm always surprised when I come up with a good combo, lol. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, this is a gorgeous combo. I would never had thought to layer these two. I will have to try this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! If you do, I'd love for you to post a swatch on my FB page!

      Delete