Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Jelly Sandwich: KBShimmer Elle

You guys asked for it, so I'm delivering - a jelly sandwich!  KBShimmer's Elle and OPI My Pointe Exactly.



OPI My Pointe Exactly is a grey jelly that is from OPI's NY Ballet collection that came out this summer.  KBShimmer's Elle is a grey jelly based polish with large pink hexes, large grey hexes, medium matte pink hexes, white squares, white hexes, and silver holo hexes.  It layers up nicely on its own, but I really wanted to try out a jelly sandwich with these two.  They complimented each other perfectly!

The best way I can describe to do a jelly sandwich is to put down one coat of your jelly base coat, top it with a coat of your glitter, and alternate until you get the look you're after.  Here, I did a coat of My Pointe Exactly, a coat of Elle, another coat of My Pointe Exactly, one more of Elle, and finally finished it off with a last coat of My Pointe Exactly.

Isn't it pretty???

Check out this closeup shot.  It looks like the glitters are just floating in space.  It's so cool!!



My Pointe Exactly is a typical jelly.  By itself, it has very light coverage with lots of visible nail line.  If you're ok with VNL, then it would be a gorgeous light grey for you.  I, however, don't really fancy VNL.  In fact, it kinda drives me crazy, which is why doing a jelly sandwich was a perfect use for My Pointe Exactly.  Unfortunately, My Pointe Exactly has been discontinued, but I saw a few at my local Kroger.  I'm sure you can also still find some at Ulta.  

KBShimmer Elle spread easily without streaking or much manipulation on my part.  It really is a great polish.  I only have 2 KBShimmers, but so far I really like them!  I received my bottle in a swap, but you can purchase them from Christy at her store here.  You can also follow her on Facebook and Twitter for news and updates.

What's your favorite jelly sandwich combination?

4 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorites ever. I love grey polish and with the glitter it just makes it that much better. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm a huge grey fan. I never thought it would look good with my skin-tone, but after getting CG Recycle, I simple fell in love! Do you have Elle?

      Delete
  2. I'm obsessed with jelly sandwich manis! I don't think I have any of the right jellies, though, because my own always turn out a mess. This one is fab, though.

    They look better with different size chunks of glitter. I also like that you went with a color scheme I don't normally see in jelly manis (gray base, that is). They're almost always some bright, fruity-looking color. This one is almost a more ~mature way to wear a jelly sandwich mani, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look, cant wait to try a jelly sandwich

    ReplyDelete