Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Game-Day Nails!

Man, today has been INSANE!!!!!  I had the day off today, which would've been awesome, except I had to deal with some pretty crappy stuff today.  As I was walking to the basement to do laundry, I noticed that we had almost 2 inches of water at the bottom of the stairs.  Needless to say, the hubs and I have been bailing water out of the basement for HOURS today.  We finally called it quits when we heard the coyotes howling nearby.  I live in the suburbs of Atlanta.  We have coyotes.  Don't even ask me when or how that happened. Anyway, I'm going to make this a quick picture bomb since I'll be getting into a proper review of most of these polishes later.  Gooooooooooo Dawgs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Basecoats: OPI OPI Red, China Glaze Stone Cold, and Sally Hansen White On

I will say that China Glaze Stone Cold was the biggest pain in the butt to deal with.  It dries matte, so it dries super fast.  Plus, it's pretty thick, so you really have to work quickly to avoid dragging and clumping.  I added a little thinner, which helped a ton.  It's definitely one of those polishes that you really need to use three swipes max.  Also, it stains and is nearly impossible to clean up.  Unfortunately, I brought a remover that wasn't my usual favorite.  Typically, I use a straight-up acetone without any nutrients, but I wanted to bring a smaller bottle I had on hand.  Clean-up was IMPOSSIBLE.  I have pics of my right hand with Stone Cold all over my middle finger because I couldn't get it all cleaned up.  OPI Red has been my go-to red for years.  I've had it for forever (so it's a black label), and it applies really really well.  I probably only needed one coat, but I'm weird and went for two.  No staining during removal, which is key for the perfect red.  Sally Hansen White On is my favorite white because it doesn't streak and goes on in two coats.


I topped this mani with Nostalgic Nail Lacquer Wrath (discontinued), Dollish Greased Lightening, Pretty & Polished Swing (discontinued), and Dollish Team Salvatore.  Tomorrow (today?), I'll have a Comparison Thursday on Wrath and Team Salvatore, so check back for that!





Here are some closeup bottle shots:


Greased Lightening


Team Salvatore

Swing

Wrath



I really liked the way this came out.  Very spirited, don't you think?  :)


You can purchase Nostalgic Nail Lacquer here and here and follow Erin on facebook or twitter for news and updates.  You can purchase Pretty & Polished here and here and follow Chels on facebook or twitter for news and updates.  Lastly, you can purchase Dollish here or here and follow Dolly on facebook or twitter for news and updates.

Do you support a college or pro football team?  If yes, which polishes are your favorite game-day polishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment